On Tuesday, the Overwatch League finally released a summary of the official league rules of competition and code of conduct. Overwatch League commissioner Nate Nanzer has been teasing a rule book since the beginning of the season, and it seems we're getting just a taste so far.
The official statement features a summary of Code of Conduct requirements which include:
- observe the highest standards of personal integrity and good sportsmanship;
- compete to the best of their skill and ability at all times;
- comply with all applicable laws at all times;
- not engage in any activity or practice which brings him or her into public disrepute or scandal;
- not engage in any form of harassment or discrimination;
- not place bets on any games, matches, or tournaments involving Overwatch;
- not make any false, defamatory, libelous, or slanderous remarks, comments, or statements; and
- not use or attempt to use any bugs or exploits in Overwatch.
The Overwatch League has also made available a PDF with a larger summary of the rules and code.
Hopefully, with a clearer outline of what is acceptable for Overwatch League members and employees, it will be easier for everyone to abide by rules and avoid mishaps we've seen in Stage 1 going forward.
Photos Courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment