After much teasing, Panda Global finally released the first part of the Panda Global Rankings version four which highlights the Smash 4 scene from July 2017 - Dec. 2017. Panda Global released the first part of the PGRv4 by introducing the top 50th through 41st players on the list.
- Their rank on the PGRv4 and whether or not it's increased or decreased since the PGRv3.
- Their main character and secondary.
- Their player tag and sponsor.
- Their win rate versus the top 50
- Their notable Wins and placement from ranked tournaments.
- A highlight reel of some great moments.
- Themed music reflecting their main character choice.
Luis "Suar" Suarez, the director for Panda Global's Statistics team, and the team truly outdid themselves with this addition of the PGRv4. The statistics team went above and beyond to make sure those who were in the top 50 deserved their spot. They even went out of their way to create the PGRv4 Area 51 for players who barely missed the cut.
Before the release of the #PGRv4, @PG_Dom lends his talents for the Area 51 piece.— PGStats (@ThePGstats) January 1, 2018
Read on and find out who is featured this season and stay tuned for 41-50 tomorrow!
The players featured in the top 50 indefinitely deserved their spot. These players include:
- Armando "AC" Castañeda-Villalobos for 50th
- Dustin "Zenyou" Rice for 49th
- Shawn "K9sbruce" Bruce for 48th
- Paris "Light" Ramirez for 47th
- Vincent "Vinnie" Cannino for 46th
- Dacota "Ryuga" James for 45th
- Takuto "Kameme" Ono for 44th
- Wesley "6WX" Alexander for 43rd
- James "Shoyo James" Wade for 42nd
- Chris "falln" Rugg for 41st
Some notable changes from this addition of the PGRv4 is a huge rank drop from 6WX from 31st on the PGRv3 to 43rd, Shoyo James from the Area 51 of PGRv3 to 42nd, the return of K9sbruce to the PGR, and the steady decline of Kameme from 11th on the PGRv2 to 44th on the PGRv4.
Congratulations to all the players that made it so far on the PGRv4. Make sure to check out the Panda Global youtube channel for updates concerning the rest of the new top 50.
Image Courtesy of the Panda Global YouTube