Downtime has started for the v3.5 update. What's packed inside? Dive into this weeks patch notes to find out! https://t.co/sWSpe62JAv— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 11, 2018
The replay option allows players to record matches for future re-watching. There are different camera modes from which to choose, including drone follow, drone attach, drone free, third person, and gameplay.
The drone modes are filmed in the style of how a drone would act in real life with various relations to the player. Third person orbits a certain player while gameplay is straight-up just the screen that the player saw while playing.
Players can also add various camera settings like exposure and focus distance. This feature will help players improve their skills by watching their mistakes in previous games.
Patch 3.5 also included a bevy of bug fixes:
- Fixed weapons floating in the air under certain network conditions after quickly switching between items.
- Guided Missile weapon fixes:
- Eliminating a downed player with a Guided Missile no longer reports as a self elimination.
- Picking up an item at the same time as firing a Guided Missile will no longer cause the picked up item to disappear.
- Firing a Guided Missile prior to the victory screen displaying will no longer prevent the player from returning to the lobby.
- Players will now correctly spectate the player that eliminated them instead of spectating their own active missile.
- While spectating a player that fires a missile, you will now follow the missile instead of the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to spectate a floating Guided Missile weapon on the starting island if they were eliminated by a missile during the match.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from firing a guided missile while riding a guided missile.
- Fixed an issue causing the player’s name plate to display over the guided missile while controlling it.
- Fixed an issue where the Rare Scoped Assault Rifle was incorrectly giving an Epic version in Vending Machines.
- Fixed an issue causing the Loot Llama to be empty in Limited Time Modes.
The patch update also included the release of the Port-A-Fort, which was announced earlier in the week. The return of the 50-v-50 limited time mode was also announced but has not yet been released into the game.
Cover photo courtesy of Epic Games