Valve announced that tournament stickers for the 2019 IEM Katowice Counter-Strike:Global Offensive Major are now available in-game, per a blog post released Wednesday
Valve has introduced a variety of new changes for the Katowice Major. This year, Valve is offering the Katowice 2019 Viewer Pass. This pass will allow players to acquire an Katowice 2019 Event Coin that can be upgraded, access to the Katowice Pick’Em Challenge, Team Graffiti, Steam.tv flair, and exclusive access to Katowice 2019 Souvenir Packages.
Viewers can upgrade their event coin by watching matches and playing the Katowice Pick’Em Challenge. Every time you upgrade your coin, you will receive a guaranteed Souvenir Package from the match of your choice. This is a drastic change from previous Majors where Souvenir Package drops were entirely random and obtained by sheer luck.
Here’s an image of some of the team stickers for the Katowice Major.
Here’s an image of some of the player signature stickers for the Katowice Major.
Valve clarified a number of questions that viewers are sure to have about the new Viewer Pass system. Here are the highlights:
- The Viewer Pass will cost $9.99 USD
- Holo/Foil Sticker Capsules cost $4.99 USD
- Autograph Capsules and Team Stickers cost $0.99 USD
- Owning the Viewer Pass is the ONLY way to receive Souvenir Packages
- Owning the Viewer Pass will allow you to play the Pick’Em Challenge - you will no longer be required to purchase team stickers to play the Pick’Em Challenge
- You can only activate one Viewer Pass per Steam Account
For full information on the Viewer Pass, Souvenir Packages, Stickers, and more, check out Valve’s full blog post.
The 2019 IEM Katowice Major begins Feb. 13 with the New Challenges Stage. The first matchups of the tournament have already been revealed.
Photos Courtesy of Valve