More hero balance changes were made Wednesday on the Overwatch Public Test Region. The most notable changes were nerfs to Zenyatta and Lúcio that could help shift the meta in a new direction. Junkrat was also buffed in the new patch notes.
Lucio nerf AND a Zen nerf. Speed boost nerf is so big for GOATS. Hopefully it gives enough time for a team to kite away. Excited to see a lot of changes.— Fitzyhere (@Fitzyhere) February 28, 2019
- Speed Song: Effect lowered from 30 percent to 20 percent
- Amp it up: Speed song amped effect reduced from 70 percent to 50 percent
- Wall Ride: Passive movement speed gained while wall riding increased from 20 percent to 40 percent
- Orb of Discord: Effect reduced from 30 percent to 25 percent
- Orb of Destruction: Damage increased from 46 to 48
Both heroes received nerfs to abilities that are key to the GOATS composition, also called 3-3 in the Overwatch League. A nerf to the Speed Song will make teams considerably slower even with Lúcio's Amp it Up when compared to the speed he currently provides teams in GOATS. Zenyatta's Orb of Discord was also nerfed, which means players will need to do a bit more damage than before to take down targets.
Other hero changes were made in the new patch.
- Frag Launcher: Impact damage increased from 40 to 60
- Bonus damage ramp from the previous 1.34 change will now begin after 1.5s, down from 2.5
- Passive: Healing amount reduced from 50 percent to 40 percent
- Photon Projector: Primary fire damage ramp speed increased by 20 percent
- Particle Cannon: Alternate fire radius reduced from 2-3 to 1-2 (based on energy level)
The changes will remain live on the Overwatch PTR likely for a couple of weeks before being added to live servers.
Cover photo courtesy of Blizzard