Path of Exile leveling guide is a useful reference for players looking to jump into the latest expansion for the ongoing action role-playing game. The latest "Synthesis" expansion will release this Friday, Mar 8, and the previous league "Betrayal" came to an end earlier today.
With a few days of break, continuing players will get an opportunity to level up new characters or farm up existing ones on the various fantasy races. It also gives returning or new players a chance to get to grips with the game ahead of the expansion and learn the ropes of building a character.
We're proud to announce Path of Exile: Synthesis! Help Cavas recover his lost memories, then chain them together to reach valuable rewards, new boss fights and crafting opportunities. For more information, check out https://t.co/JPHY32dufF pic.twitter.com/Ehw7qmzFaX— Path of Exile (@pathofexile) February 19, 2019
Path of Exile Leveling Guide: Getting Ready for Synthesis Expansion
Heavily based on Blizzard's Diablo II, Path of Exile can be fairly difficult and complex, but its core principles are the same. Characters level up by gaining experience through completing quests and defeating enemies, developing their abilities, and earning newer and more powerful gear. There are a few easy tricks that can help understand how to level up most efficiently.
- Choose reliable skills to see you through to endgame, rather than try develop your final build from the get-go
- Loot efficiently; a lot of loot isn't worth the space in your inventory. Jewelry and accessories are normally worth holding on to in case they come together for a neat combination, but otherwise save space for items that have actual sale value.
- Keep stocked on Scrolls of Wisdom and Portal Scrolls. Orbs of Transmutation are useful as trade fodder to get these scrolls from vendors
- Prioritize items with links, especially 3-link or 4-link items
- Farm gems, with alternate characters if needed. Using different classes to quickly complete early-game quests and then transferring them to your primary character (known as muling) will quickly stockpile gems needed to rank up quickly
Images courtesy of Grinding Gear Games