Riot Games plans to apply extensive changes to Aatrox in League of Legends Patch 9.9, according to tweets published by senior game designer Jeevun “Jag” Sidhu.
In a series of tweets, Sidhu explained that Riot Games intends to make the champion stronger in regular play even as he becomes weaker in professional play. The League of Legends developer plans to nerf his ability to tower dive using his World Ender (R) in coordinated environments while buffing other aspects of his kit as compensation.
Been working with SR team to have some major Aatrox changes coming in for 9.9, with the primary goals being to buff him for normal play while dropping his power in professional play. Mainly going about this by drastically reducing power in the revive, which should drop his (1/5)— Jeevun Sidhu (@RiotJag) April 10, 2019
Sidhu shared changes the team was testing at the time with the disclaimer that any and all of them could be subject to further refinement. Check out those changes below.
Umbral Dash (E)
- Again has two charges instead of one
- Cooldown between casts set to 3/2.5/2/1.5/1 seconds
- Charge cooldown set to 22/19/16/13/10
World Ender (R)
- Cast time decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.25 seconds
- Self slow during revive increased from 25% to 99%
- Revive heal changed from 10-50% max HP to 30% max HP
- Now fears enemy champions on cast for one second
- Now only revives Aatrox if he gets a takedown during World Ender
- Takedowns now extend World Ender by five seconds, reset The Darkin Blade (Q)’s cooldown and add one charge of Umbral Dash (E)