A Challenging Development is Pokémon GO's latest special research task, bestowed only on player who have already completed the Looming in the Shadows special research. This new round of research challenges offers players the chance to battle Giovanni and pick up a round of rewards. Here's what you need to know.
A Challenging Development Pokémon GO Research Tasks Released
Pokémon GO developer Niantic added the special research Looming in the Shadows to the game in November to coincide with a huge uptick in Team GO Rocket presence. Looming in the Shadows sent players into their first battles with Giovanni.
A Challenging Development is the follow-up to that battle. It will reappear each month, allowing players to battle Giovanni once per month.
A Challenging Development Tasks and Rewards
Players are reporting the tasks and rewards for A Challenging Development to be the same as those offered by Looming in the Shadows. Check them out below.
A Challenging Development Stage 1 Tasks and Rewards
- Spin 10 PokéStops — 500 XP
- Defeat three Team GO Rocket Grunts — 500 XP
- Catch one shadow Pokémon — 500 XP
- Stage Rewards: 500 Stardust, 10 PokéBalls, 10 Razz Berries
A Challenging Development Stage 2 Tasks and Rewards
- Spin a PokéStop five days in a row — 750 XP
- Purify 15 shadow Pokémon — 750 XP
- Win five raids — 750 XP
- Stage Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, three Hyper Potions, three Revives
Tasks and rewards for further stages have yet to be confirmed.
Photo courtesy of Niantic/The Pokémon Company