Apex Legends Season 2 began on Tuesday and Respawn Entertainment released the full version of the patch notes.
Respawn Entertainment had been leaking pieces of the potential changes for weeks, so there was no surprise that certain Legends were receiving buffs in hope of seeing more play time.
Respawn wanted to increase the viability of pistols without completely ruining the balance of the game, so they introduced new hops for certain weapons.
New Hop-Up: Disruptor Rounds
- Increased damage to shielded targets.
- Compatibility: Alternator / RE-45
New Hop-Up: Hammerpoint Rounds
- Increased damage to unshielded targets.
- Compatibility: P2020, Mozambique.
They also wanted to make Energy weapons a realistic choice.
New Attachments: Energy Mags
- Increases magazine capacity.
- Increases reload speed at rare and above.
- Compatibility: Havoc, Triple Take, Devotion.
- Reduced default mag sizes on compatible weapons.
There were new weapon changes to existing guns.
- damage 16 -> 19
- damage 12 -> 13
Triple Take x Precision Choke:
- choke time 1.5 -> 1.1
- damage 13 -> 15
- recoil mitigation increased for all barrel attachments.
- damage 125 -> 145
- headshot scale 2.0 -> 2.05
- leg damage scale 0.76 -> 0.8
- slightly increased rarity
Arc Star Tweaks
- Increased ignition delay from 2.5 to 2.8 seconds.
- Sticking a full health player with no armor will now down them.
- Players at the edge of the explosion no longer get their shields completely shredded.
Ammo Stack Sizes
- Shotgun max stack reduced from 64 to 16. Players now need multiple stacks of ammo to run a shotty.
- Energy max stack increased from 60 to 80; now matches Light/ Heavy ammo.
The game also saw an increase in Gold weapons that can be found on the map.
Rotated Gold Weapons
The other big focus was Legend changes. The smaller hitbox Legends were dominating the map, so Respawn tried to change things up.
Eye of the Allfather
- Enemies scanned now are tracked in real time instead of leaving a ghost image behind. The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds.
- Increased the angle of the scan to 110 from 90.
- Increased clue duration to 90 seconds from 60 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where energy weapons wouldn’t leave behind weapon fired clues.
- Fixed a bug where movement clues would sometimes not be generated.
- Mirage can now cancel out of his ultimate cloak early.
- Mirage now has a small delay when disabling cloak.
- The magnitude of the slow is reduced by 50% when effecting teammates.
Dome of Protection
- Increased the duration by 3 seconds.
- Updated the hit box to better conform with the base model.
- We are also planning to make adjustments so his hitbox better reflects Legendary Skins as well for cases where it’s not matching up.
- D.O.C. heal drone now gets destroyed after 2 damage ticks by the circle.
Make sure to read the full patch notes to learn even more like how Caustic and Gibraltar are now Fortified Legends making them have a 15% damage reduction and immunity to slow effects from weapon fire.
Photo courtesy Respawn Entertainment