Looking to play Hoffman in Back 4 Blood? Here's how you can maximize his potential.
Hoffman, one of the unlockable Cleaners in Back 4 Blood, is a bit of a doomsday prepper and conspiracy theorist. He originally boarded up his house with his mother once the infection hit, and hunkered down to ride out the initial wave. After his mother passed away and his supplied dwindled, Hoffman left his house and emerged into the wake of the Devil Worm. He soon joined up with the rest of the Cleaners, ready to do what it takes to help combat the Ridden.
While Hoffman doesn't lend himself to any particular weapon, his preferred choice is the M1911 Pistol. His default skills are what makes him a practical choice when facing thr Ridden. Here's what you need to know.
Best Weapons for Hoffman in Back 4 Blood
Hoffman doesn't have any obvious weapon preferences, which makes him reasonably versatile. He's a good character to choose if you're looking to compliment another teammate. Benefitting from some extra ammo capacity perks, using weapons such rifles or LMGs is a good choice to help dispatch enemies quickly.
Best Cards for Hoffman in Back 4 Blood
As a prepper, Hoffman comes with some default perks that play to his survivalist nature. Cards that help to boost these aspects of him work best. Hoffman's default perks are:
- Always Prepared: Chance to find ammo when killing Ridden
- Cargo Pockets: + 10% Max Team Ammo Capacity
- Ready to Rock: + 1 Offensive Inventory
- Never Without: Starts with an ammo pack
Here are a few cards that will help you make the most of Hoffman:
- Offensive Scavenger: Sense more offensive accessories; more offensive accessories spawn
- Two Is One and One Is None: Equip a primary weapon in your secondary slot; -25% swap speed
- Grenade Pouch: +1 offensive inventory
- Surplus Pouches: +1 team offensive inventory; -10% health
- Ammo Pouch: +25% ammo capacity
- Ridden Slayer: +20% weak spot damage
- Reckless Strategy: +30% weak spot damage; -5% damage resistance
- Broadside: Precision kills have a 20% chance to cause Ridden to explode, dealing 15 damage to other nearby enemies
- Combat Training: +5% bullet damage and +50% bullet penetration
- Demolitions Expert: +50% accessory damage; -15% ammo capacity.
- Improvised Explosives: +75% accessory damage; -25% swap speed.
- Fire In The Hole: When you throw an offensive accessory, gain 20 temporary health and +20% movement speed for five seconds.
Back 4 Blood is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC.