Holly is one of the Cleaners in Back 4 Blood. Here's what you need to know in order to maximize her potential.
Holly is an energetic Cleaner armed with a spiked baseball bat who loves nothing more than smashing up the Ridden. After losing her family to the Devil Worm, she's hell-bent on using her skills to rid the world of the parasite-ridden monsters. Dedicated to the melee class, her spiked bat "Dottie" is her main starter weapon. As you progress, you might want to start thinking how make best use of Holly. Here's what you need to know.
Best Weapons for Holly in Back 4 Blood
As mentioned, Holly is best suited to melee weapons. Depending on what sort of playstyle you're going for, there are some weapons that will work better than others. If you prefer to hack and slash your way through some of the weaker enemies, perhaps clearing away large groups, then the machete or bat will be your preferred weapon here. Use these to get up and personal with the Ridden, and clear the path for your teammates. If you want to play Holly as more of a damage dealer, then the hatchet or fire axe is a good alternative against some of the game's tougher enemies.
Of course, having a gun as a secondary weapon is a safe choice if you need to gain some distance. Good options for Holly include assault rifles, SMGs, or shotguns. In particular, shotguns are great if you're planning on staying in close combat.
Best Cards for Holly in Back 4 Blood
Cards in Back 4 Blood are where you really get to shape your style of play. Holly naturally comes with some Stamina and damage resistance perks:
- Grand Slam - Holly recovers 10 stamina when she kills a Ridden.
- Cardio - +25 stamina to entire team
- Tough as Nails - 10% damage resistance
There are some great cards that will compliment Holly's stamina and resistance traits, while increasing her damage output. These include:
- Sunder: Melee hits cause the target to take 20% increased damage for 5 seconds
- Heavy Hitter: Melee hits against weak spots deal + 20 additional stumble damage
- Berserker: Gain 10% melee damage, 10% melee speed, and 5% movement speed for each melee kill in the last 4 seconds
- Batter Up: + 50% melee damage and + 5 health
- Spiky Bits: + 25% melee damage, + 10% damage resistance while using a melee weapon, and – 20% ammo capacity
- Slugger: + 5 health, + 10% melee efficiency, and + 20% melee attack speed
- Vanguard: + 10% melee speed. Melee kills grant 1 temporary health to nearby teammates
- Battle Lust: Melee kills heal 2 health
- Scar Tissue: Take 1 less damage from all Ridden
- Ignore the Pain: Gain 20% damage resistance against Mutations while using a melee weapon
- Motorcycle Jacket: + 10% damage resistance
- Superior Cardio: + 20% stamina, + 20% sprint efficiency and + 5 health.
- Energy Bar: + 20% stamina regeneration and + 5 health.
- Evasive Action: When you take a hit for 10 or more damage, gain 20% movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Cross Trainers: + 20% stamina, + 20% stamina regen, + 3% movement speed and + 5 health.