EA have laid out their plans to bring some much-needed updates to Battlefield 2042, and they'll be coming sooner that expected.
Battlefield 2042 has had a shaky launch. While it's still early days in the game's life-cycle, players have been battling against bugs and issues since release. In order to address some of the more prominent issues, EA and DICE posted a blog update to detail some of the changes they'll be bringing to the game in the very near future.
"We couldn’t be more passionate about this game and will be supporting and evolving it for years to come. We have confirmed at least two major game updates in the coming weeks, and we'll be [on Twitter] communicating consistently about the changes we are making, as well as new content coming to Battlefield 2042."
"We also want to give you the assurance that we’re carefully evaluating your desire to see legacy features return. End-of-match Scoreboard, Server Browser, and features like Voice Chat are big topics for us to cover all at once, and we have plenty we want to say around them. We’ll come back to you when we have things that we can show to you, including details about our long-term vision for certain features and functions. "
The post confirms that Update #2 will be arriving on Thursday, Nov. 25 followed by a further, substantial Update #3 in early December.
Battlefield 2042 Upcoming Update Patch Notes
EA and DICE have identified their main areas of concern for the upcoming updates:
- Performance and Server Stability
- Gunplay and Balance
- Solo/Co-Op and Custom Portal Experience Progression
Update #2 will be the smaller od the two upcoming updates, aiming to make the following changes:
- Improved Soldier Revives, addressing ‘unable to revive when a Soldier dies close to an object, or wall’.
- A respawn protection system that will help to prevent any extraneous issues that can leave a player in a downed state for too long, and force a manual respawn when required.
- Re-enabling our UAV-1 Interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on our Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps. It was overpowered, and we’ve made adjustments to account for that.
- Vehicle Balancing for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird mentioned above.
- Dispersion has been reduced for all weapons except Shotguns, which results in more consistent bullet spread during gameplay.
Update #3 will be a more substantial update, bringing with it a large amount of fixes and Quality of Life improvements. While the full list of changes hasn't been reveled yet, EA and DICE have revealed a taste of what's to come:
Fixes, Changes and Improvements
- Improved the collection screens making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Enhancements to our Player Card screen and End of Round (EOR) to provide additional polish
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Improved screen transitions when entering and returning to the Main Menu
- Improved Report a Player flows, specifically around toxicity and cheating reports
Matchmaking & Friends:
- Improved the experience between EOR and the Main Menu
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed
- Improved Crossplay invite flows
- Fixed Rich presence update issues, ensuring that your friends are better able to track where you are in Game
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start
- Fixes to Friend Invitations for players on PC
Progression and Unlocks:
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks.
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 HZC for HZ
- Fixed an issue that was not properly awarding XP for Angel resupplies
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability
- Improved Mastery rank tracking
- Improved reliability of Player card tracking
- Addressed a variety of visual flickering and stuttering issues
- Improvements to water rendering when Aiming Down Sight (ADS)
- Addressed multiple graphical issues affecting water reflections
- Fixed reflections in Kaleidoscope for late-joining players
- Addressed issue with character rendering for late joiners
- Improvements to artifacts affecting DLSS implementation
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps
- Improved level geometry issues across all levels addressing issues such players getting snagged or trapped
- Resolved multiple spawning issues
- Visual glitches such as lens flare, visible seams in skydome
- Resolved a large number of collision and placement issues
- Addressed issues affecting local audio placement in multiple Maps
- Rush game mode layouts for all 2042 All-Out Warfare maps (through Portal)
- New official Vehicle Team Deathmatch template
- New official Team & FFA Gun Master templates
- New official Infection template
- Rules Editor - Added the ability to detect what players were killed with in order to apply additional logic
- Added Server Info for the Pause screen
- Added support for server admins to write periodic server messages
- Added support for reporting a server from the pause menu
- A series of visual, audio, and gameplay improvements to weapons, vehicles, and gadgets
Far more has been laid out in the blog post, so be sure to check it out to see what's coming to Battlefield 2042.