EA's launch of Battlefield 2042 received overwhelmingly positive reviews but was in need of update #1 after players reported bugs and errors throughout the game.
Before the worldwide launch of Battlefield 2042 on Nov. 19, EA released their first update, including notes on their official website. The first update has improved the overall quality of Battlefield 2042 for smoother and more enjoyable gameplay along with small fixes in the multiplayer server. .
Here's an overview on changes, fixes and improvements in Battlefield 2042's Update #1.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1 Revealed
- Implemented Server Side upgrades to reduce instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence.
- TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that caused the End of Round flow to not activate correctly.
- Repaired an issue in Hazard Zone that could show players on the Map when they were not visible or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
These updates have improved the overall game, but EA is continuously looking to fix more errors and bugs that have been reported. As more fixes and adjustments are made to the game, Battlefield 2042 hopes to only improve in quality and gameplay.