Back 4 Blood's Nightmare difficulty is no joke. Here are the best cards to use in order to stand a chance.
Players who fancy themselves a challenge might be tempted to dive into Back 4 Blood's Nightmare mode. Test it out a few times and you'll quickly realize that this mode does not hold its punches. There are a number of tactics you can emply, though, to maximize your chance of survival. Memorizing layouts, good communication (if you're playing with friends), and careful attachment selections are all important elements to master.
One feature that you'll have some form of control over are the cards you choose to dd to your deck. They'll be some that are more useful in Nightmare than others and, depending on your playstyle, could really pull you out of some sketchy situations.
Below, we've listed some of the best cards to use when tackling Back 4 Blood's Nightmare mode.
Best Card Deck for Nightmare Difficulty in Back 4 Blood
Before you jump into Nightmare mode, it's important to have a solid selection of cards to choose from. Creating your customized deck is really the crux of your survival, so if you haven't got a lot to choose from then get back out there and purchase some more. The first card you choose will be available at the start of your run, so be sure to pick a good one.
It's also worth planning out which role you're going to play within your group. If you're mostly going to be the damage dealer, then cards tailored towards accuracy and bonus damage will be a good shout. For healers, you'll naturally want to focus on cards that improve the effectiveness of healing items. Some damage resistance cards will go a long way too. Here are a few cards that should serve you well:
- Ridden Slayer: +20% Weakspot Damage.
- Charitable Soul: Healing a teammate also applies 50% of the effect to you.
- Shredder: Each bullet hit causes the target to take 1% increased damage for 3 seconds (stacks up to15%).
- Breakout: Hold E to free yourself from Grabs. +50% Breakout Cooldown Reduction. (Base 60 seconds).
- Cross Trainers: +20% Stamina, +20% Stamina Regen, +3% Move Speed, and +5 Health.
- Tactical Vest: +30% Rifle Ammo Capacity, and +10% Damage with Assault Rifles and LMGs
- Antibiotic Ointment: +20% Healing Efficiency.
- Run And Gun: You can shoot while sprinting.
- Knowledge Is Power: +10% Weakspot damage. Allows players to see values for damage they deal and enemy health bars.
- Confident Killer: When you or your team kills a Mutation gain 1% damage (up to15%) until the end of the level.
- Broadside: Precision Kills have a 20% chance to cause Ridden to explode, dealing 15 damage to other Ridden within 4 meters.
- Hunker down: While crouching, gain 20% Damage Resistance and 12.5% Accuracy.
These are, of course, just suggested cards. It will ultimately come down to player preference and what works best for your team and style of play. Whatever you choose, keep your wits about you. Back 4 Blood's Nightmare mode will be sure to test the very limits of your abilities.