Best Counters for Lugia in Pokemon GO
By Jack O'Dwyer
As trainers get ready for Lugia's Legendary Raid Hour later today, Wednesday, Sept. 1, they want to know what its best counter choices are.
Tonight, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, Lugia will be featured in a special bonus Raid Hour in Pokemon GO. The number of five-star Raids will sharply increase with the legendary Guardian of the Sea spearheading the feature. An hour isn't a very long time to capture the perfect—or shiny—Lugia. So, we've compiled a full list of counters to help trainers bring down the legendary faster and get more encounters in.
Pokemon GO Best Lugia Counters: Full List
Lugia is a psychic and flying-type. It is particularly unaffected by fighting and ground-types, with less resilience against grass and fellow psychic-types. Its vulnerabilities are rock, ghost, electric, ice, and dark-types.
Therefore, its best counters would be ice, electric, and ghost-types as the current strongest of the group in-game. Its best counter choices include:
- Gengar (Lick/Shadow Claw + Shadow Ball)
- Chandelure (Hex + Shadow Ball)
- Galarian Zen Darmanitan (Ice Fang + Avalanche/Ice Punch)
- Therian Thundurus (Thundershock/Volt Switch + Thunderbolt)
- Zekrom (Charge Beam + Wild Charge)
A few honorable mentions are:
- Darkrai (Snarl/Feint + Shadow Ball)
- Rampardos (Smack Down + Rock Slide)
- Weavile (Snarl + Avalanche)
- Galarian Darmanitan (Ice Fang + Avalanche)
- Deoxys (Charge Beam + Thunderbolt)
Good luck, trainers.