Pokemon GO Ultra League Season 9 has finally arrived, and Trainers are readying their top Pokemon to take the title of being the very best. For those who are new to the Ultra League or playing after a while of not competing, here’s the best Ultra League team for this season.
Leagues in Pokemon GO are chances for Trainers to prove their might against one another, battling with some of the best Pokemon in the game. It’s come a long way, with Pokemon gaining popularity while others become obsolete in this everchanging meta.
Best Ultra League Team Pokemon GO September 2021
This time around, the meta finds itself favoring a new set of Pokemon. Among them, three stand tall, and are perfect candidates for a powerful team:
Registeel (Requires XL Candy):
- Fast Move: Lock-On
- Charged Moves: Focus Blast and Flash Cannon
- Resistances: Poison, Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy
- Weaknesses: Fire, Ground, and Fighting
- Fast Move: Psycho Cut
- Charged Moves: Moonblast and Grass Knot
- Resistances: Fighting and Psychic
- Weaknesses: Bug, Dark, and Ghost
- Fast Move: Mud Shot
- Charged Moves: Hydro Cannon and Earthquake
- Resistances: Electric, Steel, Rock, Poison, and Fire
- Weaknesses: Grass
Of course, players must understand that there is no truly perfect team, as all it takes to defeat the team is Pokemon that just so happen to be stronger than them. There’s no way to truly predict what kind of teams Trainers will encounter in the league. But when it comes to covering the essentials, the aforementioned team can do a pretty good job.
This season’s Ultra League is scheduled to begin Sept. 13 at 4 p.m. ET and will run until Sept. 27 at 4 p.m. ET.