Borderlands 3 Pachinko Nerf Arrives in Latest Patch
By Nathan Fusco
Borderlands 3 Pachinko nerf was added Thursday during a large patch which focused on gun balances. That would include the drop rate for weapons.
While the main focus was on weapon balancing, the Pachinko machine was also slightly nerfed, but the drop rate was so high because of a bug.
Borderlands 3 Pachinko Nerf
Gearbox explained its reasoning behind some of the changes, "After looking through the data, we found that that some pieces of Legendary gear were greatly outperforming others and felt they were limiting builds instead of increasing them. In addition, some of the damage output of Legendary gear limited the growth in combat engagements for the future so we tuned everything to an acceptable median. We expect all Vault Hunters to be able to create amazing builds and we want to support that with more ways to grow and reach those power levels." That also includes the Flakker nerf that has fans up in arms about the changes in the first place.
The change to the Pachinko machine came in the bug fixes.
- Lowered the chance for a weapon to drop from the Pachinko machine
- Psychos will now use their True Vault Hunter Mode name in True Vault Hunter Mode
- Removed the optional Rare Spawn missions from Galaxy Progress
- Addressed a reported bug where Completely Sane Sid didn’t always become hostile when using FL4K
- Addressed a reported bug where Ratch would not properly spawn during “Ratch’d Up”, which potentially blocked completion of that side mission
- Included a modification so Lilith would continue to move toward the door in Shiv’s confession chamber during “From the Ground Up”
It seems it was a bug that was giving players a better drop rate.
Photo courtesy of Gearbox