Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone Day 1, Pre-season and Season 1 Roadmap Revealed
The launch day, Pre-season and Season One roadmap for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone has officially been revealed, giving players a full-fledged, in-depth preview of what's to come in the next 35 days.
Activision periodically releases a roadmap previewing each season prior to the update going live. This one, in particular, is one that die-hard Call of Duty fans will not want to gloss over, as there are a ton of new events, weapons, modes, features, and more that the devs have cooked up to turn the focus from Black Ops Cold War to Vanguard.
While Activision usually saves some features for their staple Reloaded mid-season update, it appears there are three main content update occasions for COD players to look forward to in the near future — day one of Vanguard, Pre-season, and Season One.
Vanguard Day One Content (Nov. 5)
- Cinematic single-player Campaign featuring a multinational group of heroes including Arthur Kingsley, Polina Petrova, Wade Jackson, Lucas Riggs, Richard Webb, and many others united in the fight against evil
- Multiplayer invites players to fight enemy Operators across 20 maps, plenty of modes including the multi-arena survival tournament Champion Hill, and other features at launch including Combat Pacing, Hardcore Playlists, and Private Matches
- Zombies include a franchise-first crossover into the Dark Aether with a new storyline entitled “Der Anfang”
- 12 Task Force Operators ready to fight in Multiplayer/Zombies and prepared to deploy later in Warzone upon Vanguard’s integration in Season One
- More than three dozen weapons at launch, and most can be completely overhauled in a revamped Gunsmith and outfitted with up to 10 attachments
- New XP systems and tons of challenges to reward players
- Ricochet Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives
Pre-season Content (Nov. 5 to Dec. 2)
- Fan-favorite Multiplayer map Shipment returns Nov. 17
- Access to free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues
- Operation: Flashback begins in Warzone on Nov. 18 — an encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone with two unique awards up for grabs
- On Nov. 24, fans can get intel on Vanguard’s new Warzone map, based in the Pacific on an entirely new island called Caldera, via Warzone and Vanguard limited-time multiplayer challenges entitled “Secrets of the Pacific”
- On Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, players can see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One
Season One (Dec. 2)
- Vanguard’s full integration with Warzone: Pacific kicks off, with Vanguard owners receiving 24 hours exclusive first-to-play access
- Warzone: Pacific’s map is roughly the size of Verdansk and is based on two years of research and listening to the community and will support fully optimized cross-play, cross-progression and cross-gen support
- Available to all players in Season One, Vanguard Royale mode — and later, Vanguard Plunder mode — showcase all new content from the Season One update onwards, including weaponry and vehicles like biplanes and AA trucks
- New 100-tier Battle Pass
- New iconic WWII weapons
- Three new Multiplayer maps
- Three new unique Operators
- New Zombies content
- Ricochet Anti-Cheat, new Progression Systems and more
Starting today, Oct. 28, Call of Duty: Vanguard pre-loading has begun for those on console, while those on PC will be able to do so on Nov. 2.