Complexity Gaming and parent company GameSquare announced a new gaming division called Complexity Stars on Tuesday.
This new division will partner with celebrities and professional athletes from outside the gaming and esports worlds who are looking to for ways to make their mark in the sphere.
"Complexity Stars is an incredible gaming division where sports, entertainment, and gaming come together," said GameSquare head of talent and special projects Duane "Zeno" Jackson. "There are amazing opportunities to collaborate with global talent through compelling content and tournaments that appeal to brands seeking to connect with the large, affluent, and growing gaming audience."
Members of Complexity Stars will work with staff at Complexity and other GameSquare entities to create a strategy to enter gaming that fits their brand and personality
The division launches with a range of athletes from across the NFL, MLB, NBA, WNBA and UFC, and it plans to add more names to the list as time goes on. Here's the starting list of participants:
- J.R. Smith – Former NBA champion
- Alisha Gray – Olympic gold medalist and WNBA Dallas Wings shooting guard
- Sean O’Malley – UFC fighter
- Max Holloway – UFC fighter
- Megan Anderson – UFC fighter
- Leondard Fournette – Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back
- Ronnie Stanely – Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle
- Edwin Rios – Los Angeles Dodgers infielder