Dead by Daylight developer Behaviour Interactive announced the game's 2022 Halloween Event, Haunted by Daylight, on Thursday, previewing new gameplay challenges, a new Event Tome, Halloween collections and sales, a free weekend, and more. Here's everything you need to know about the event.
Haunted by Daylight Schedule: When Does Dead by Daylight's Halloween Event Start and End?
Haunted by Daylight begins Oct. 13 at 11 a.m. ET and runs through Nov. 3, with plenty of goings on over the course of its run. Here's when each component of the celebration will take place:
- Oct. 11: Update release, store content release
- Oct. 12: Tome 13: Malevolence release
- Oct. 13-Nov. 3: Haunted by Daylight event release, with daily rewards
- Oct. 19: Twitch stream
- Oct. 27-Nov. 1: Free-to-play weekend
There will also be in-game sales up to 60% off with slightly different dates according to platform:
- Nintendo Switch & Epic Games Store: Oct. 18-Nov. 1
- Xbox Series X|S: Oct. 19-31
- Steam: Oct.19-Nov. 1
- PlayStation 4 & 5: Oct. 19-Nov. 2
Haunted by Daylight Event Tome 13: Malevolence
Tome 13: Malevolence will offer players the chance to explore the memories of The Ghost Face and Mikaela Reid. The event's free and premium tracks of The Rift will include outfits for The Ghost Face, Mikaela Reid, The Artist and Yui Kimura in addition to plenty of other cosmetics.
The free track will include a total of 500,000 Bloodpoints, which means every tier will offer a reward. Those rewards include four masks for The Ghost Face, one of which is the "Scary Movie"-inspired Wassup mask.
Four of the cosmetics for the event were designed by members of the community:
- Yui Kimura's Midnight Techwear designed by AIPHELIX
- The Artist's Fallen Angel designed by AspriinDbd
- Have You Seen This Horse? Charm by PotatoGun13
- Bloodpoint Gummies Charm by Maomi
Dead by Daylight Halloween Collections: Tricks and Treats
The Tricks and Treats Collection brings two Very Rare Outfits for Jane Romero and Dwight Fairfield, and the Hallowed Blight Collection will gain two Very Rare Outfits for The Oni and Albert Wesker. All four are available in the in-game shop now. Also available are two Very Rare Halloween Outfits from 2021's Midnight Grove Collection.
- Jane Romero — Hollywood Glamor
- Dwight Fairfield — Toilet Paper Mummy
- The Oni — Bursting with Fury
- Albert Wesker, The Mastermind — Blighted Wesker
- Mikaela Reid – Witching Hour
- The Doctor – The Transplant
Both the Tricks and Treats Collection and the Midnight Grove Collection will be available from Oct. 11 at 11 a.m. ET to Nov. 3 at 11 a.m. ET.
Dead by Daylight Free Weekend Details
Players will be able to hop into Dead by Daylight for free from Oct. 27-Nov. 1 on all platforms.