Dead By Daylight Update 5.1 released Tuesday and this is everything you need to know.
There were major changes in a couple of main areas. The first is features and content with the following changes:
- Settings Menu - Players will now be able to toggle some of the HUD elements on/off. These include: player names, the killer hook count, and the score events.
- Settings Menu - Players can now reset each category tab individually.
- Lobby - Added a new tooltip for the Store button when the Beginner Mode Tooltips are enabled.
- Lighting and material improvements on Hospital Map
Next is the Trickster Gameplay Update:
- Maximum Laceration is now 6 (was 8).
- Faster Laceration decay (full meter depletes in 15 seconds, 20 seconds if running)
- Shorter delay before Laceration starts to decay (now 10 seconds, was 20 seconds)
- Laceration removed upon successful basic attack now 3 (was 4)
- Main Event starts throwing knives 1 second sooner
- 30 knife hits required to activate Main Event (was 20)
- 30 second window to activate Main Event (was 10)
- New knife hit indicators have been added to show when knives connect with Survivors.
Dead By Daylight Update 5.1: Everything You Need to Know
Next up is a long list of technical updates, visual updates, miscellaneous updates, and bug fixes. For new players, you can now play tutorials for both Survivor and Killer. Many issues were also fixed across various maps.
- Melodious Murder: Moderately decreases knives’ reload time at lockers.
- Fizz-Spin Soda: Smaller effect (starts at 2 knives thrown instead of 3; balanced with smaller maximum Laceration)
- Iridescent Photocard: When a Survivor’s Laceration Meter is two or less Blade hits away from the maximum, they are inflicted with the Exposed status effect.
- Death Throes Compilation: When Main Event ends, The Trickster’s knives are replenished.
- Lucky Blade: Hitting a survivor with a Blade during Main Event slightly extends its duration. (0.2s)
- Waiting for You Watch: Hitting a survivor with a Blade during Main Event moderately extends its duration. (0.3s)
Survivor Visual Updates:
- Updated the original outfits of Dwight, Meg, Jake and Claudette.
- Updated textures and materials on all Prestige outfits.
- Updated the facial models and textures of Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin and Tapp.
- Updated various hair textures on Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin and Tapp.
- Updated a variety of characters outfits, textures and materials.
- Updated and fixed a variety of context specific facial animations.
- Minor changes to a variety of new Survivor models based on PTB feedback.
- The unhooking interaction now has higher priority than the Self-Care interaction. If injured, the prompt for unhooking will no longer be replaced with a prompt to self heal.
- When a Killer attempts to grab a Survivor, but the request is refused by the server (usually because the Survivor has stopped performing the interaction) the Killer will now automatically transition into an attack instead. In addition, achievement and challenge progress will be granted at the beginning of the grab attempt, regardless of whether or not the attempt is successful.
- Stun validation has been added to the hit validator. If a Killer has a pending stun on the server, the server will reject the hit. This will be most noticeably in situations such as a Killer who is attacking at the same time a survivor is throwing a pallet, and it should reduce instances where survivors appear to take damage after stunning a Killer.
- Effects that improve a Killer’s hearing, such as the perk “Stridor” or the add-on “Swing Chains,” will only be heard from the Killer’s perspective. Survivors will no longer hear themselves as louder when the Killer is running such effects.
- Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds that are reduced to 0%, such as injured noises by the perk “Iron Will,” will no longer be increased by perks such as “Stridor” and will instead remain at 0.
- Removed the ability for the Plague to infect breakable walls.
- Reduced Nemesis zombie network usage.
- Keys with zero charges no longer can open the Hatch.
- The map offering for Raccoon City Police Department has been re-enabled.
- Implemented changes to prevent players modifying some in-game files (such as models, textures and images).
Maps & Collisions:
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors’ legs to clip through the East Office Vaults in the Raccoon City Police Department.
- Fixed an issue that caused the path to be blocked by The Nightmare’s clock near the stairs in the Raccoon City Police Department.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the Nurse to blink out bounds in the Raccoon City Police Department.
- Fixed an issue that caused the survivor and killer to get stuck between two rocks near the near the Yamaoka’s exit gate
- Fixed an issue that could prevent downed survivors from being picked up in a specific location in the Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent projectile killer from passing through certain planks.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible collision in the stairs in Coal Tower.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare to not being able to place a dream pallet at a specific location on Mother’s Dwelling.
- Fixed an issue that caused some environment flickering while moving around certain maps.
- Fixed an issue that allowed bear traps to be placed under the snow inside the chair lift in Ormond Resort.
On top of many gameplay updates, many animation and cosmetic issues were addressed in update 5.1. The team also fixed audio issues such as fixing a problem where exit gate switches did not make the correct sound when hit by a weapon. For those who play on Dead By Daylight's PTB, there are also many bug fixes that were addressed.
Animations & Cosmetics:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Trapper mask “Bronze Visor” to appear silver in the trial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ashley J. Williams to float temporarily after escaping a Killer’s grasp with the Ashy Slashy cosmetic equipped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Jill’s crawling animation to play incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Wraith’s weapon to be invisible in the tally screen after a trial has ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause keys, maps, and flashlights to use placeholder textures during bot match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause pallet to appear jittering.
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to play the wrong animation for hook struggle failure.
- Fixed an issue that could cause killer masks to clip through the camera during the level intro.
PTB Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to disregard the first time they are hit after unhooking themselves.
- Fixed an issue that could impact performance for players when certain debuffs were active.
- Fixed an issue that caused the newly updated perk “No Way Out” to trigger on generator completion rather than proximity to the exit gate switch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the perk “Dead Hard” to cover less distance when being used.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Trapper add-ons “Logwood Dye” and “Tar Bottle” from properly darkening the trap.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect camera obstruction when survivors interact with the Plague’s fountain.
- Fixed an issue that caused obsession claws to appear over survivor portraits in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue in the Tally Scoreboard that could cause the Ranks unreadable
- Lots more miscellaneous bugfixes