Trainers will likely know this Pokemon from its first-form: the adorable owl Pokemon, Rowlet. It was first introduced as the grass-type starter of the Alola region in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Later, it reappeared in Ultra Sun and Moon and has since been revealed as the grass-starter in the upcoming Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
Here’s what we know about Decidueye in Pokemon UNITE.
Decidueye in Pokemon UNITE
As Pokemon UNITE players have likely guessed, Decidueye will begin each match as its first-form, Rowlet. Eventually, it will evolve into Dartrix once it reaches level five and then finally Decidueye at level seven.
Its basic attacks will increase its speed for a short time following a hit and builds a stack. At three stacks, it becomes an attack boost. Its passive, Long Reach, deals increased damage to far away targets—making it the best choice to take down fleeing opponents.
Rowlet can learn Leafage and Astonish at levels one and three.
- Leafage is a ranged move that fires leaves in a specified direction. It also increases Rowlet’s speed and attack for a limited time afterward.
- Astonish deals damage while decreasing the opponent’s movement speed.
These moves persist until Rowlet evolves into Dartrix and Decidueye at level seven. Only then can trainers morph Leafage into one of the following moves:
- Razor Leaf fires a leaf whirlwind to increase Decidueye’s basic attack damage and speed. Its basic attacks can also affect more than one Pokemon while this move is active. Later, trainers can upgrade it to deal even more damage if Decidueye has more HP than its opponent(s).
- Spirit Shackle charges up before firing quills in a specified direction and does more damage the longer it charges. At a full charge, it can pin the opponent’s shadow to the ground, slowing its movement and dealing damage as it moves further away from the shackle.
At level eight, Astonish can be morphed into one of the moves below:
- Shadow Sneak summons a shadow that targets an opponent within the AoE it’s performed in. The shadow deals damage and reduces both the defense stat and the movement speed of its target. It can later be upgraded to amplify both these effects.
- Leaf Storm summons a storm of leaves in a given direction that deals damage to any Pokemon it hits while reducing their movement speed. When fired at point-blank range, it also functions as a crowd control shove.
Decidueye learns its UNITE move, Nock Nock, at level nine. This move fires off quills in a designated direction and ends with a single, massive arrow quill that damages all Pokemon it hits. While Decidueye cannot be hindered while casting, it also cannot move as it casts.
Trainers can purchase Decidueye’s UNITE license from the Aeos Emporium for 10,000 Aeos Coins or 575 Aeos Gems right now.