Dota 2 7.24 gameplay update went live Sunday. The update is rather large with multiple changes to items, heroes and even core game mechanics.
Players now have a dedicated neutral item slot. Only a maximum of one neutral item can be equipped on your hero. One of the biggest changes is the removal of the Shrines.
Dota 2 Gameplay Update 7.24 is Live
Shrines were a regenerative structure and could be directly teleported on. They were located near Roshan and gave players a place to teleport a to defend Roshan. They were invulnerable until a Tier 3 tower was destroyed. If players clicked the shrine, it would generate an aura that would last a few seconds providing health and mana.
Valve also focused heavily on Courier changes:
- Courier death no longer disables your passive gold income
- Courier bounty increased from 25+5*Level for each player to 30 + 7 * Level
- Courier respawn time changed from 50 + 7 * Level to 60 + 7 * Level
- Courier movement speed increased from 280 to 290
- Courier can no longer plant wards at level 15
- Courier can no longer use items at level 25
Heroes like Abaddon received a slight nerf with a base damage reduction and an ability cooldown increased. One of the biggest surprises was the buff to Earth Spirit which saw his Stone Remnant charge replenish time reduced from 30 to 25 and a talent change.