Dota 2 International 2019 prize pool is already the biggest amount of money up for grabs in esports.
Each year Valve hosts The International, a Dota 2 tournament which is the culmination of the Dota Pro Circuit season. It is consensus the largest esports tournament. A Battle Pass, released in conjunction with the event, allows fans to contribute to the prize pool via crowdfunding. The prize pool has increased with each iteration.
Here's everything you need to know about The International 9's prize pool.
Dota 2 International 2019 Prize Pool: How Much is it at?
As of writing, The International 9 prize pool sits at $26,306,726. There are still 49 days left to raise money for the event.
The event has sat above $20 million since 2016. This is the first TI to be held outside of North America since the inaugural event in 2011 when it took place in Cologne, Germany.
Here's a rundown of the past prize pools for the event:
- The International 2011: $1,600,000
- The International 2012: $1,600,000
- The International 2013: $2,874,380
- The International 2014: $10,923,977
- The International 2015: $18,429,613
- The International 2016: $20,770,460
- The International 2017: $24,787,916
- The International 2018: $25,532,177
- The International 2019: $26,306,726 (49 days left)
Photo courtesy of Valve