Dota 2's Trident received a slight nerf in the latest update released at the end of January. The stats are all the same, but the status resistance, self HP regeneration, mana cost, and spell amplification were all reduced.
Dota 2 Trident: Changes From Dota 2 7.24 Update
According to the patch notes, all bonuses were reduced from 33% to 30% for the Trident. While there were some item changes, the biggest news revolves around feature changes.
Players now have a dedicated neutral item slot. Only a maximum of one neutral item can be equipped on your hero. Valve also decided to remove the Shrines.
Shrines were a regenerative structure that to which players could directly teleport. They were located near Roshan and gave players easy access to defending Roshan. They were invulnerable until a Tier 3 tower was destroyed. If players clicked the shrine, it would generate an aura that would last a few seconds providing health and mana.
Valve also focused heavily on Courier changes:
- Courier death no longer disables your passive gold income
- Courier bounty increased from 25+5*Level for each player to 30 + 7 * Level
- Courier respawn time changed from 50 + 7 * Level to 60 + 7 * Level
- Courier movement speed increased from 280 to 290
- Courier can no longer plant wards at level 15
- Courier can no longer use items at level 25