The Witches Festival is returning to Tamriel this month! So, we've put together a brief guide on what to expect from the event.
The Witches Festival is a unique holiday in Tamriel that very much coincides with real-world Halloween. It canonically takes place on the 13th day of Frost Fall—the same date as Mephala's summoning day. During this time, citizens are encouraged to face their fears, dress up in outrageous costumes, and hand out themed treats to children passing by. It's not uncommon to find a barn door mysteriously left open or someone's prized fountain filled with obnoxious color overnight.
Elder Scrolls Online Witches Festival 2021 Guide
In the Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), the developers have taken much of the same sentiment to heart. Instead of taking place on a single October day, however, they've designed the festival to run for the last couple weeks of the month—from Oct. 21 to Nov. 2. During this time, players can pick up the free "Witchmother's Bargain" quest to gain access to a holiday buff and spectral appearance.
The following items will be collectible for the duration of the festival:
- Hollowjack Motif pages
- Dremora Motif pages, which drop according to the boss slain
- Witches Festival-themed recipes
- Witches Festival-themed furnishings and furnishing recipes
- Fragments of the new Witch-Tamed Bear Dog pet called Bonedust Pigments
- Unique alchemical reagents
Players can earn each of these by slaughtering world bosses and retrieving the "Plunder Skull" holiday cache. This year, however, there's a twist. The first time a player slays a specific boss during the festival, they will receive a "Dremora Plunder Skull" which may contain:
- Witches Festival Writs
- Dremora Motif chapters
- Glenmoril Treasure Maps
- Glenmoril Motif pages
- Grave Dancer Weapon Style pages
- Marshmallow Toasty Treat emote Runebox
- Bonefire memento Runebox
Additionally, a new quest has been added this year. Plucking the Crow tasks players with collecting 50 Cursed Feathers from their kills for Witchmother Taerma. Once collected a turned in, the Witchmother will turn them into an effigy that transports players to a secret realm with a brand new boss to fight.
Impresario and Event Ticket Items
Who could forget the invaluable Impresario and her own entourage of spectacular items? Players will only be able to purchase from her using Event Tickets—of which two can be picked up upon the first boss slain by the player that day. There are 26 tickets to be earned in total this year which players can trade for the following items:
- All three Unstable Morpholith pet fragments
- The first TWO fragments for Doomchar Plateau, the morphing collectible house
- Marshmallow Toasty Treat Emote
- Witch's Bonfire Dust Memento
- Fragments for the Witch-Tamed Bear-Dog pet
- Witches Festival furnishings
- Group Repair kits
- Witches Grab Bags with random rewards from previous years
DBLTAP wishes all who are eager to participate in the event a merry Witches Festival! Remember to leave your carved pumpkins intact as to ward off any wandering spirits.