We've put together a brief overview of all the events and special features players can expect in Pokemon GO this October 2021.
Niantic Labs has unveiled all its upcoming monthly features for Pokemon GO this October 2021. Below, we've organized a full list of Raid shifts, Hour announcements, and other exclusive bonuses heading to the game throughout the month.
Pokemon GO October 2021 Events: Full List
Community Day this month will take place on Oct. 9 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., local time. It will feature Duskull. Any trainer who evolves a Duskull all the way to its final evolved form, Dusknoir, will guarantee that Dusknoir will know the charged move, Shadow Ball.
The Halloween event is set to debut on Oct. 15 and run from Oct. 31. As usual, costumed Pokemon will appear throughout the event. The exact details have yet to be revealed—though we expect it shouldn't be too much longer at the time of writing.
A tie-in event with the newest film release, Pokemon The Move: Secrets of the Jungle, will kick off on Oct. 1 and run through Oct. 10. Trainers can pick up a special themed research story at any time during this event for a chance encounter with the Mythical Pokemon Zarude—the star of the film. Pokemon The Movie: Secrets of the Jungle releases on Netflix on Oct. 8.
Pokemon GO October Spotlight Hours
Trainers will be able to take advantage of the following Spotlight Hours:
- Oct. 5—Drifloon with twice the evolution experience.
- Oct. 12—Gastly with twice the capture Stardust.
- Oct. 19—Gothita with twice the capture experience.
- Oct. 26—Murkrow with twice the evolution experience.
Pokemon GO October Raid Updates: Hours, Mega, and More
Pre-historic Mythical Pokemon, Genesect, will be available as five-star Raid boss from Oct. 1 to Oct. 12. It will be holding a Douse Drive for the first time since its official release.
Altered Form Giratina will then take over from Genesect on Oct. 12 and be the primary five-star Raid boss until Oct. 22. It will be appearing with a shiny chance.
Following Giratina will be Darkrai from Oct. 22 to Nov. 5. It will be appearing with a chance to be shiny and, for the first time ever, it will know the charged move Sludge Bomb.
The following Pokemon will be taking over Mega Raids this month:
- Oct. 1—22: Mega Gengar
- Oct. 22—Nov. 5: Mega Absol
All the aforementioned change overs will occur at 10 a.m. local time.
Additionally, Raid Hour features for this month have been announced:
- Oct. 6—Douse Drive Genesect
- Oct. 13—Altered Form Giratina
- Oct. 20—Altered Form Giratina
- Oct. 27—Darkrai
Extra Bonuses in Pokemon GO October 2021
- From Oct. 1 to Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. ET, Research Breakthroughs will award an encounter with Yamask.
- 1 PokeCoin bundles will be available in the in-game shop every Monday and contain a Remote Raid Pass.
- A free box will be available in the in-game shop in celebration of Niantic Labs' studio birthday on Oct. 6.
More information can be found on the official Pokemon GO news blog.