Several PlayStation fans were obviously excited to get their hands on the PlayStation Portal. The handheld sold out soon after its release on Nov. 15. Even now, the official PlayStation website will only allow one Portal per order once it’s back in stock.
There are currently no Playstation Portals in stock anywhere. However, we’ve listed retailers that sell them and when they’re expected to arrive again, if applicable.
Everything Known About PlayStation Portal Restocks for Holiday 2023
- PlayStation Direct - Sony told shoppers they should check their website in early December when the PlayStation Portal sold out in November. They haven’t updated when the handheld will be restocked since then.
- Target - There’s no telling when the PlayStation Portal will be available at Target either. Luckily, Target will notify shoppers when an item is back in stock. Just create an account and follow the prompts.
- Best Buy - A commenter on the site stated the Portal was restocked about a week ago, but it sold out again quickly. Shoppers may want to use Best Buy’s reservation process to increase the chances of snagging the handheld when it’s back in stock. Click the “Learn more” option on the page to read all about it.
- Walmart - Walmart doesn’t disclose when the PlayStation Portal will be back in stock. According to a customer on the site, the PlayStation Portal was in stock on Dec. 4, so it may be available soon. This retailer currently sells it for $299.99 instead of $199.99.
- Amazon - The website states they don’t know when the PlayStation Portal will be available again. Shoppers should beware when shopping on Amazon, as scams are rampant. Some third-party sellers sell used PlayStation Portals for over $400, which isn’t worth it. Those buying on Amazon should pay attention to the items sold via the official PlayStation store.
- GameStop - The PlayStation Portal is a Pro-exclusive Offer at GameStop. Buyers must sign up for a GameStop Pro membership to purchase the device, which is $25 a year.
- Newegg - Newegg says the PlayStation Portal may or may not be restocked and does show when the device will be sold again.
It’s best to regularly check each retailer’s site for the PlayStation Portal. Shoppers can also follow restock tracker accounts on X, such as Restock Tracker, and set notifications for when they post.
Some advise calling local stores to double-check if the Portal is in stock. Retailers may still have the item even though their website says they’re sold out.