FIFA 22 Team of the Year attacker nominees were revealed Jan. 7 as fan voting for the first section of the promotion was made available.
Team of the Year is the most anticipated promotion on each FIFA Ultimate Team calendar. Fans eagerly wait every January for the best promotional squad of the year. Each player receives statistic boosts that make them top-tier cards for the rest of the game cycle. Players prepare for the event by saving up packs hoping to see that blue and gold flair pop up. These items are also traditionally some of the most expensive items in the game on the transfer market.
FIFA 22 Team of the Year Attacker Nominees Revealed
Here are the attacking nominees for FIFA 22 Team of the Year:
- Karim Benzema - CF / Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo - ST / Manchester United
- Harry Kane - ST / Tottenham Hotspur
- Romelu Lukaku - ST / Chelsea
- Kylian Mbappe - ST / Paris Saint-Germain
- Johnathan David - ST / LOSC Lille
- Robert Lewandowski - ST / Bayern Munich
- Erling Haaland - ST / Borussia Dortmund
- Ciro Immobile - ST / Lazio (Latium in FIFA 22)
- Lautaro Martinez - ST / Inter
- Dusan Vlahovic - ST / Fiorentina
- Luis Suarez - ST / Atletico Madrid
- Gerard Moreno - ST / Villarreal
- Neymar Jr. - LW / Paris Saint-Germain
- Lorenzo Insigne - LW / Napoli
- Mikel Oyarzabal - LW / Real Sociedad
- Jack Grealish - LW / Manchester City
- Dimitri Payet - LW / Marseille
- Dusan Tadic - LW / Ajax
- Mohamed Salah - RW / Liverpool
- Lionel Messi - RW / Paris Saint-Germain
- Federico Chiesa - RW / Juventus
A tightly contested list, but one that should produce some insane items in FIFA Ultimate Team. Three players from this group should make it in based on previous TOTY releases. The squads usually follow a 433 formation, but that doesn't mean that positionally. Just in terms of how players are released in packs individually.
For example, three attackers will be released, followed by three midfielders and rounded out by four defenders and a goalkeeper before all players are added to packs at the same time. Based on the list above and taking into consideration FUT community tendencies, Salah, Messi and Lewandowski should be the favorites here.
Stay tuned as the midfield and defense nominees are revealed in the coming days.