Fortified Bug Fixed in Next Apex Legends Patch
Patch notes for the next Apex Legends update were revealed on Reddit Friday by community manager Jay Frechette.
Frechette described the patch as likely to arrive early next week alongside a followup post to confirm its availability. He also revealed the list of changes set to arrive in the patch with explanations for the changes.
The patch notes describe audio fixes and improvements as one of the biggest problems for the team to tackle. Also under scrutiny is the game's hit detection, which will receive fixes for several issues and new diagnostic tools to nail down others.
The PS4-specific crash tied to Lifeline's "Pick Me Up" Banner has been resolved, while a new PC-only crash has been accurately diagnosed. The crash is tied to Intel CPUs, and Respawn Entertainment has notified Intel of the problem. In the meantime, the team has added a workaround to avoid the crash at base CPU clock speeds.
Finally, the Fortified bug causing Caustic and Gibraltar to take damage through shields has been fixed, and players can no longer stick objects to Gibraltar's Gun Shield.
Check out the full list of changes below.
Apex Legends Patch Notes
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
Quality of Life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith's ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Fixed occlusion bug for the "wind down" sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Additional Bug Fixes and Changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- We have identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until we can address the issues. Thank you for your patience
Photo courtesy of Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts