Fortnite's latest update for Battle Royale has dropped, bringing with it some exciting new content in v19.20.
Fortnite's Chapter 3 Season 1 has so far seen the addition of some exciting features. From tornadoes to Klombos to the return of Tilted Towers, this latest season has had something for everyone. Thanks to this latest update, it seems Season 1 is showing no signs of slowing down. With a new POI and some twists to some classic weapons, this latest update is sure to once again shake things up.
Below, we've detailed everything that fans can expect to see in the latest update.
Fortnite Battle Royale v19.20 Update: Full Patch Notes Detailed
New POI: Covert Cavern
Deep inside the mountains north of Camp Cuddle, a high-tech new POI has appeared: Covert Cavern. Navigate its central waterway and harvest materials from its many facilities.
Covert Cavern is home to a Mythic version of the Stinger SMG, possessing more power and recoil than a regular one. But it won't be easy to get hold of.
The Heavy Shotgun has been unvaulted, though now it's single slug, longer-range, and requires more accuracy.
Find the Heavy Shotgun on the ground, in normal and Rare Chests, and from Supply Drops. The new Heavy Shotgun is available in all rarities.
Note: The new Heavy Shotgun is unable to penetrate through multiple targets, which the classic Heavy could do. This is a bug that will be fixed in a future game update.
As part of the Chapter 3 Season 1 Battle Pass Outfit: Haven, players can now begin to unlock Haven's masks. Collect Feathers in Chests around the Island, then spend your Feathers in the “Haven’s Masks” section of the Battle Pass tab. Each mask has a special Quest for you to complete to make the mask available to redeem.
XP in Creative
Usually, Creative Islands undergo “calibration” before they begin granting Battle Pass XP from your in-game Accolades (sometimes taking several days). Now with v19.20, if you triggered an Accolade before calibration was complete, you’ll be rewarded with the XP once it’s available.
- Tornado and lightning weather events have been added to Team Rumble.
- The Mythic Stinger SMG is not included in competitive playlists. The Heavy Shotgun is included immediately, however .While most new/unvaulted items are given an evaluation period in the wild before being added to competitive playlists, an exception was made with the Heavy Shotgun, as the new Heavy Shotgun was made with higher-skill play in-mind.
- As stated last week, Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters now have 20 shots instead of 80 in competitive playlists. This lower count is to encourage more strategic decisions about when to use the item, while retaining the item’s usefulness as a powerful mobility tool.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving the visual indicator for using a Reboot Van appearing at a greater distance than the sound could be heard.
- Fixed an issue involving matches sometimes not being recorded during a tournament session and the points earned in those matches becoming lost.
- Fixed an issue involving Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters dropping from eliminated players with a full stock of uses even if it didn’t have a full stock before the player was eliminated.