Fortnite Battle Royale v20.10 Update Adds Heavy Sniper Rework
The latest Fortnite update is here for Battle Royale mode. Here's everything that's made its way into v20.10.
Fortnite's Chapter 3: Season 2 might still be in its early days but its already brought so much to the table. From tanks to sprinting to no-building at all, there's been plenty to talk about these last few weeks. Thanks to this latest update it seems this season is showing no signs of slowing down.
The Daily Bugle is now caught up in a major skirmish between The Resistance and IO forces, and while the area is home to some amazing loot there are a few other dangers to be on the look out for.
Below, we've listed everything that's been added in Chapter 3: Season 2 in patch v20.10.
Fortnite Battle Royale v20.10 Update: Full Patch Notes Detailed
The Heavy Sniper Rifle is back on the island with a brand new rework. This gun's high-calibre rounds now deal extra damage to vehicles, making it the perfect weapon to help shed the metal off of those tanks.
Funding is now open for two classic Assault Rifles. Players will need to use their Gold Bars to choose between the MK-Seven Assault Rifle or the Combat Assault Rifle. Whichever one if 100% funded will get put back on the island.
In addition to the added features, the following fixes have also been deployed:
Fixed Known Issues
- Wins are now correctly tracked in the Career Leaderboard tab.
- Fixed an issue with Resistance Quests where players could not progress into Week 2.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicles to stutter and jerk when driving on flat terrain.
- The Fishing Collection Book no longer resets between matches and correctly saves progress.
- Fixed an issue where last season's quests displayed as tracked on the HUD if no other quests were tracked.
- Players are now able to use the Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island.
- In order to maintain optimal performance, certain legacy or unsupported drivers will now default to Performance Mode when launching Fortnite.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle is not included in competitive playlists.
- The winner of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle vs Combat Assault Rifle vote will not immediately be unvaulted in competitive playlists when they’ve reached 100% Funded.
- The Daily Bugle is not under assault in competitive playlists, but Huntmaster Saber has still relocated.
Balance Patch Recap
A balance update last week made meaningful adjustments to the following items:
- Combat and Stinger SMG damage to players and structures reduced
- Combat SMG headshot damage reduced to match the Stinger
- MK-Seven and Combat Assault Rifle damage to players and structures reduced
- Titan tanks and Cow Catchers have been removed from competitive playlists.