Fortnite Food Fight limited time mode returned Wednesday in Fortnite Patch 8.40 but with a new twist.
Now dubbed Food Fight - Deep Fried, the limited time mode still essentially acts the same but has been updated for Season 8. The mode was initially introduced back in Season 6.
Here's everything you need to know about the Fortnite Food Fight - Deep Fried LTM.
Start your engines and get ready for some action in the sky, downtime has started ?️— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 17, 2019
Read all about what’s new and what’s fixed in the patch notes: https://t.co/2voswBou64
Fortnite Food Fight Limited Time Mode Re-added With Deep Fried Twist
Here's a full list of details for the LTM from the Fortnite 8.40 patch notes:
- Two teams on either side of the map. A huge barrier down the middle. Lava steadily rising up from below. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the barrier lowers, destroy the enemy's mascot and then eliminate the remaining enemies to win.
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes. Lava starts rising from beneath the map a few minutes into the match
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team
- Players will respawn when eliminated, keeping their inventory and dropping some ammo and resources
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the ability to respawn when eliminate
- 100% extra resources are gained from farming
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 30 to 50 per instance
- No explosive weapons or items are in the mode
- A small amount of free building materials are granted to each player every second
- The restaurants are now much higher, requiring players to build up to them
Photo courtesy of Epic Games