Fortnite's Augment and Perk system is a brand new addition to Chapter 4, and it seems Epic Games has plenty more planned for the future.
Added with the launch of Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1, Reality Augments are perks that activate during intervals in each match. Players receive a randomized choice of Augments, each enhancing certain aspects of gameplay.
Players might earn themselves the Light Fingers Reality Augment, which makes weapons using Light Ammo reload faster. Alternatively, the Mechanical Archer offers players a Mechanical Explosive Bow and a Mechanical Shockwave Bow. There's a multitude of perks available in-game, but it seems Epic Games are planning to throw some new ones into the rotation to switch things up.
According to Fortnite leaker HYPEX, a number of different Augments will be rolled out in-game in the future. So far, the following have been identified by the leaker:
- Midas Touch: 40 AR Ammo once and Gold everytime you eliminate a player or AI
- Peely's Plunder: Gives you a Treasure Map
- Skill Check: Gives 50 HP and 25 Shield if you eliminate an opponent with a Common or Uncommon weapon.
- Siphon Shotgun: Heals your Shield and HP when you damage a player or AI
- Hunter Gatherer: Spawns a Bush, Apples and Mushrooms where you eliminate someone, and cycles between Spicy Soda, Low Gravity and Energy Regen effects every 12 seconds
- Deft Hands: Auto reloads a specific unknown weapon every second even if you switch away. Only works on weapons not in use
- Danger Hero: Run and heal fast for eight seconds when your shield breaks
- Zero Shield Zero Chance: Gives you the Zero Point effect for eight seconds after your Shield breaks
- Icy Slide: Icy Feet effect for seven seconds
- Riftjector Seat: Auto rifts you when your Shields breaks, with a 40 seconds cooldown
- Shadow Strike: Gives you a Shadow Bomb
It's unclear exactly when these new Augments are set to enter play, though players can likely expect them to roll out with additional content updates.