Fortnite patch notes 8.50 were released Thursday with a boat load of bug fixes and improvements alongside the new Fortnite Endgame limited time mode.
Fans expecting Avengers skins in the game were disappointed to see nothing in the store, but the new limited time mode appears fresh and a fun counterpart to the Infinity War limited time mode last year.
But Epic Games is still trying to improve Fortnite every week, and this week is no exception.
Here are important takeaways from the Fortnite 8.50 patch notes in regards to bug fixes in game.
Do you have whatever it takes?— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 25, 2019
Find Thor’s Hammer, Hawkeye’s Bow, Captain America’s Shield or Iron Man’s Repulsors to defeat Thanos and the Chitauri in the Endgame LTM. #FortniteXAvengers
Check out what’s new in our patch notes: https://t.co/PDOP4pZn3j pic.twitter.com/OWTbCU0wGG
Fortnite Patch Notes 8.50 Include Bevy of Bug Fixes and Improvements
Here's a full list of bug fixes and improvements Epic Games added to weapons and items in Patch 8.50:
- The Hold to Swap functionality is now confirmed upon releasing the Use button rather than when initially pressing it.
- If a player is eliminated by fall damage while inside a vehicle, the player that last damaged that vehicle will receive the credit for that elimination.
- Re-enabled hit markers to be server-side authoritative instead of client-side.
- Players that were Rebooted into Rifts were teleporting into the sky but would not enter skydiving mode.
- Vehicles weren’t getting impulsed away from the Reboot Van.
- Collision for the Reboot Van was not affecting some vehicles, allowing them to hide inside of the Reboot Van.
- The yellow “invulnerability” effect wasn’t appearing on players who were revived by the Reboot Van.
- The Reboot Card was still playing its spawn sound even if the player disconnected.
- Dropping inventory items while in vehicles with weapons is now blocked to prevent various camera issues.
- Traps were occasionally being placed in the middle of a tile rather than against a wall when using Builder Pro.
- When exiting vehicles, the equip animation will now always play before weapons can be fired.
- The elimination feed text will no longer display the “eliminated by ally” message if an ally interrupts a player reboot animation.
- Fall damage was being taken when using a Jetpack (in supported Limited Time Modes) after being launched from the Pirate Cannon.
- Players were not able to negate fall damage using a Flintlock Pistol while crouching.
- Players couldn’t see the nameplates of party member’s Reboot Cards in the UI.
- Players would not drop a Reboot Card if they were eliminated after confirming a Reboot but before their teammate actually spawned.
For more bug fixes and improvements, check out the full patch notes. The Fortnite x Avengers: Endgame limited time mode is now available to play on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and smartphone devices.
Photo courtesy of Epic Games