A balance patch applied to Fortnite on Tuesday doubled the availability of crafting parts in addition to buffing stats for the SMG.
Fortnite SMG Buffed in April 15 Balance Patch
Epic Games did not release numbers for any of the Fortnite changes, opting instead to describe them in broad terms. The changes are as follows:
- Doubled Crafting Parts in floor loot stacks
- Makeshift assault rifle & Revolver accuracy increased
- Bow headshot damage and arrow speed increased
- Recycler junk bomb speed increased
- Primal Pistol damage and fire rate increased
- Stats for all SMGs increased
- Primal and Classic weapon drop rates equalized to spread them out more evenly alongside Makeshift weapons
Data miner VastBlast reports the Primal Pistol's fire rate increased by 20% across all rarities, while its damage was buffed according to rarity:
- Common Damage: +6.3%
- Uncommon Damage: +9.1%
- Rare Damage: +8.6%
- Epic Damage: +8.1%
- Legendary Damage: +7.7%
The SMG, meanwhile, had its fire rate increased by 10% and reload time decreased by 9% across all rarities.
Another data miner, imFireMonkey, reports all bows do 2.5x damage on headshot, making common makeshift bows deal 125 damage on headshot.
Fortnite Update 16.20 arrived earlier this week, bringing vehicle mods and plenty of new cosmetics to the game.