Fortnite update 18.20 is here, bringing with it some brand new content for players to get stuck into.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 8 is well underway. With the war against the Cubes raging on, a new update has arrived to bring in some fresh changes. Update 18.20 brings with it some new weapons, quest changes, and the standard bug fixes to help with your war efforts.
Here's everything included in the Fortnite 18.20 update.
Fortnite Update 18.20: Full Notes
Combat Assault Rifle vs. Combat SMG
A new vote is set to take place to decide which weapon gets added to the island: the Combat Assault Rifle or the Combat SMG. As before, players can donate Gold Bars at Donation Boards to reach 100% funding first. The "Combat" class is what's new here. Featuring tight bullet spread and some impressive power, both the Combat Assault Rifle and Combat SMG have a strong recoil that players will need to learn to harness.
XP and Quest Changes
Repeatable shared quests have been updated to earn more XP. The following changes have been made:
- Common: from 500XP to 2,500XP
- Uncommon: from 525XP to 2,650XP
- Rare: from 550XP to 2,750XP
- Epic: from 575XP to 2,900XP
- Legendary: from 750XP to 3,750XP
The J.B. Chimpanski’s Questline has been re-enabled as well.
Role Bias and Voice Chat Added to Imposters Mode
Some improvements have been added tothe Among Us inspired mode. You can now select a Role Bias, meaning you can select a preference to being an Imposter or an Agent. Based on your choice, your chances of playing that role will be increased when playing Public and Private matches. The choice isn't guaranteed though.
Voice Chat has also beed added to the mode, split between players who are and aren’t eliminated. Those who prefer to play without Voice Chat can choose a playlist that only includes Quick Chat games.
Stay with Squad
Starting in the NA-East server region, you can selectStay with Squadwith your “Fill” team and play another match together. This feature is enabled only for Duos, Trios, and Squads modes. A global feature will be rolled out at a later date.
Return Requests in Fortnite will now refresh over time.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving players not being able to use a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the back of an OG Bear truck.
- Fixed an issue involving Battle Pass page unlock progress not always tracking correctly.
- Fixed an issue involving Nintendo Switch players not being heard in voice chat by players on other consoles.