Fortnite v22.10 Update Adds New DMR and Grapple Guns
The latest update for Fortnite Battle Royale is here. We've listed everything that's changed in this new update.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4: Paradise has seen all sorts of weird, chrome happenings occur across the island. Players have been able to blob-ify themselves, phasing through walls and generating all kinds of havoc. Thanks to this latest update, Epic Games has added in a few more ways for players to get around the map, and more ways to deal some damage while they're at it.
Fortnite v22.10 Update: Full Patch Notes Detailed
When one door closes, another one opens. The normal DMR has been vaulted, but taking its place is the fast fire Cobra DMR. Cobra DMRs can be collected from the ground, Chests, Supply Drops, fishing, Loot Sharks, and Reality Sapling Fruit.
Keys can now be used to open Holo-Chests, along with Security Vaults. One Key is all you need to open a Holo-Chest, which shows a holographic preview of what’s inside.
Two Keys are needed to open an Exotic Holo-Chest, containing an Exotic item.
The Grapple Gloves are back, and can now be found on the ground, in Chests, Supply Drops, and Legendary and Mythic Reality Sapling Fruit. Grapple Gloves will be available until the v22.20 update.
Those with the Battle Pass and have unlocked (or will unlock) Bytes’ The Nothing’s Gift Pickaxe is on Page 2 will receive access to Bytes Quests. Equip Bytes and complete these Quests to unlock up to seven alt Styles for The Nothing’s Gift.
Super Level Styles
Progress past Level 140 in Chapter 3 Season 4 and start unlocking the Celestial, Spectral, and Aurelian Styles for Bytes, Lennox Rose, Paradigm (Reality-659), Meow Skulls, and Spider-Gwen.
- Boogie Bombs have been vaulted in both non-competitive and competitive playlists.
- Most one-handed Pickaxes, such as the Gum Brawler and Tribute's Flail, would previously equip by flying into the player's hand. We've adjusted this to be a new equip animation in v22.10.
Balance hotfix affecting EvoChrome Shotguns and EvoChrome Burst Rifles:
- Their floor loot availability is now increased.
- Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary versions can now be found in Chrome and regular Chests.
- The damage needed to upgrade an EvoChrome weapon at each rarity tier is now greatly reduced.
- The Grapple Glove is not included in competitive playlists.
- In case you missed it, the Ranger Shotgun has recently been added to competitive playlists.
Major Bug Fixes
- Players on controller are now able to consistently navigate the inventory with the left thumbstick.
- Fixed an issue that caused the map to default to the Map tab even when previously closed on the Quests tab.
- Lennox Rose’s hair no longer obstructs the reticle while crouching.
- Players should no longer get stuck when phasing through Chrome-ified structures at Herald’s Sanctum.
- Chrome-ified building pieces now lose their “on fire” visual effects when the fire has ended.
- Fixed an issue that caused visual/screen effects from a Chrome Vortex to persist in specific circumstances.
- The "Reset to last saved position" button in the HUD Layout Tool on mobile is again returning all buttons to the last saved position.
- Fixed an issue involving hair clipping through headwear on several Outfits.
- Blackheart’s Character indicator is again appearing on the minimap.
- The Storm notification no longer appears towards the middle of the screen.