Friendship Day kicks off in Pokémon GO on Saturday, April 24. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time, and features a number of special rewards that will increase your level significantly for any player.
Friendship Day Pokémon GO: Everything You Need to Know
Friendship Day is a new event that Niantic is introducing to the popular mobile game. During the event, Grass-Type Pokémon will appear more often in the wild. Additional features include:
- Complete the Friendship Day Collection Challenge before the event concludes to earn 100,000 experience points
- Take part in the Friendship Day Global Challenge! For each hourly challenge you complete, you’ll earn 20,000 experience points
- Green confetti will be appearing on the map in celebration of Grass-Type Pokémon
Like most Pokémon GO events, Friendship Day will also include a number of bonuses themed appropriately for the event.
- Increased chance of receiving a Lucky Pokémon when you complete a trade with a friend (This bonus will be active until 5 p.m. local time on the day of the event)
- Trade distance increased to 40km
- 3x Catch experience
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lures activated during the event will last for three hours
Finally, the event features a unique hashtag. If you share your adventure on social media, you can use #PokemonGofriend! to get involved with the community.