Xbox Game Pass users might be wondering what games just left the service at the start of September 2022. After adding several new games to the service in August, Microsoft got rid of 10 titles from the service, many of them incredibly popular.
UPDATE 9/22/22: Microsoft has now announced the games leaving Xbox Game Pass at the end of September. Find those below.
Microsoft's subscription video game service, Xbox Game Pass, has been going strong since 2017. Many gamers see it as a great deal, as you can play as many of the hundreds of titles in the library as you want for only $9.99 a month. Similar to traditional streaming platforms like Netflix, though, Microsoft is always negotiating with video game publishers for the right to put the titles on Game Pass. Occasionally, a deal is not reached and the title is taken off of Xbox Game Pass.
Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass: September 2022
The following titles were removed from Xbox Game Pass on Aug. 31, 2022:
- Elite Dangerous
- NBA 2K22
- Signs of the Sojourner
- Twelve Minutes
- Two Point Hospital
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- World War Z
The titles removed range from smaller indie titles like Spiritfarer to AAA juggernauts like NBA 2K22. All of the above titles are still available to play on Xbox, but they are no longer accessible through Game Pass.
Even as more and more games come on to the service, Microsoft continues to cull titles from the catalog. Here are the games leaving Sept. 30:
- AI: The Somnium Files (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Astria Ascending (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Dandy Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Going Under (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Lemnis Gate (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Slime Rancher (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Subnautica: Below Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Procession to Calvary (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Unsighted (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Visage (Cloud, Console, and PC)