GO Beyond in Pokemon GO are the new systems revealed by Niantic Labs. Players will have a new level cap, a new seasonal system, new in-game events, and even a dynamic way to evolve.
In a blog post, Niantic Labs explained their new passion project, "The week of Monday, November 30, 2020, Pokémon GO will GO Beyond. We’ll be making big changes to how Trainers can level up and implementing Seasons, a new way to experience in-game events. Not only that, but Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will be coming to Pokémon GO!"
GO Beyond Seasons
- Different Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. Some Pokémon will be more difficult to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!
- Based on what hemisphere you’re in, you can find different Pokémon appearing in the wild each Season. For example, in the first Season, Pokémon related to winter will be appearing in the wild in the northern hemisphere, while Burmy, Darumaka, and other Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences in the Pokémon you can find in the wild, too.
- In addition, different forms of Deerling will be appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in, so keep a lookout!
- In-game events will be themed based on the Season they occur in
- Seasons will be continually updated with more features and content.
GO Beyond Levels
- Level 50
- improved experience gain for returning players
- Leveling redesign testing premieres in Australia
GO Beyond 12 Days of Friendship Event
- Friendship levels will increase faster than normal through opening Gifts, trading Pokémon, or battling together in raids, Gyms, or Trainer Battles
- Receive an attack boost when you battle in raids with friends. Be sure to pick up a Remote Raid Pass in the shop to raid with friends no matter where you are
- You’ll earn increased XP from completing raids.
- You can open more Gifts each day.