Pokemon GO trainers want to know how they can beat Grotle.
Grotle, the "Grove Pokemon," is currently a three-star Raid boss in Pokemon GO. Trainers might recognize this Pokemon from its pre-evolved form, the Sinnoh grass-type starter Turtwig. Its final form is Torterra, the "Continent Pokémon."
Grotle is known as a forest-dweller, though some researchers surmise that it likely lives near a river or secret spring within its wilderness territory. It is often spotted leading other Pokemon to these sources of water. Grotle's shell is made of hardened soil from which the small trees and shrubs upon its back have grown. In the daylight, it leaves the shade of the trees and bathes its shell in the Sun's rays. Any berries that grow on the foliage on its back are picked and eaten by other species — making it a living, moving terrarium. Its PokeDex number is #388.
How to Beat Grotle in Pokemon GO
Grotle is a pure grass-type with resistance to ground, water, electric, and other grass-types. It is vulnerable to fire, flying, ice, poison, and bug-types. Additionally, Grotle has the following stats:
- 3-Star Raid CP: 12,972
- Maximum CP: 2137
- Maximum HP: 164
- Attack: 157
- Defense: 143
- Stamina: 181
Clearly, Grotle's strongest stat is its Stamina, meaning trainers may need to pick Pokemon with a bit more punch to down it successfully within the time limit. They may also want to note that due to the seasons changing, grass-types like Grotle may be affected under the Weather Boost condition.
The best counters for Grotle are as follows:
- Galarian Zen Darmanitan (Ice Fang + Avalanche/Overheat)
- Mega Charizard Y (Fire Spin + Blast Burn)
- Reshiram (Fire Fang + Overheat)
- Volcarona (Bug Bite + Overheat)
- Moltres (Fire Spin + Sky Attack)
- Ho-Oh (Incinerate + Brave Bird)
We've also put together a few honorable mentions:
- Mega Beedrill (Poison Jab + Sludge Bomb)
- Chandelure (Incinerate + Overheat)
- Blaziken (Fire Spin + Blast Burn)
- Darmanitan (Fire Fang/Incinerate + Overheat)
- Flareon (Fire Spin + Overheat)
- Entei (Fire Fang + Overheat)
- Mega Pidgeot (Gust + Brave Bird)
Ultimately, however, any Pokemon that has Grotle's vulnerable types while both not sharing its resistances or being vulnerable to grass-types, in general, can be used in this fight.