Gyarados in Pokémon GO is one of the most powerful Pokémon in the game, king of the Water-Type beside legendaries such as Kyogre. Players have the chance to capture the so-called Atrocious Pokémon during the Lunar New Year event. Here are your best options for taking home one of the massive fish Pokémon.
Gyarados Pokémon GO: Raid Counters for Lunar Event
Gyarados is Water- and Flying-Type. The most powerful counters available in Pokémon GO are Electric-Type Pokémon.
The single most effective counter to Gyarados is Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge. The legendary Electric-Type Pokémon is just as strong as Gyarados on a base level, and its type advantages make it perfectly suited for the fight.
Other good options include Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge and Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge.
After these three options, the list becomes more of a compromise. These Pokémon can still get the job done, but may struggle more.
- Zapdos with Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt
- Luxray with Spark and Wild Charge
- Jolteon with Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Thunderbolt
- Eelektross with Spark and Thunderbolt
- Zebstrika with Spark and Wild Charge
- Melmetal with Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt