Activate the Mystery Box in Pokemon GO during the Pokemon HOME collaboration event to encounter shiny Meltan.
Niantic Labs announced a new event in Pokemon GO in collaboration with Pokemon HOME on Nov. 16. From Nov. 17 at 8 a.m. to Nov. 23 at 10 p.m., trainers can activate a free Mystery Box to gain access to special rewards such as popular Pokemon encounters, timed research, avatar items, legendary raid bosses, mega energy, and even a chance to catch shiny Meltan.
So, how do trainers go about activating the box?
How to Activate Mystery Box Pokemon GO
Activating the Mystery Box is actually quite simple. Trainers will need both a Pokemon GO account and a Pokemon HOME account in order to receive the box.
For those who may find themselves getting stuck, however, we've broken down the process below:
- Open Pokemon GO and navigate to the Settings tab from the main menu.
- Scroll down to locate the Pokemon HOME option.
- Continue to Nintendo.com and sign in to a chosen Nintendo account.
- Tap OK to be redirected to Pokemon GO—your accounts are now linked.
- Return the Settings tab and find the Pokemon HOME option again.
- Tap "Send Pokemon" and select the Pokemon you wish to transfer, then hit "Transport."
That's all for Pokemon GO. Now, trainers need to open Pokemon HOME to receive the transferred creature.
- Open the service. You should encounter a pop-up informing you of a transfer from Pokemon GO.
- Simply tap "Yes" to start the process and follow the options on-screen—culminating in the option "Receive Pokemon."
The next time trainers open Pokemon GO, the Mystery Box will be already waiting in their inventory. Selecting and activating or opening it will cause Meltan to spawn at an increased rate for one hour. Good luck!