Every month Pokémon GO players can tackle Team Rocket if they have a Rocket Rader to find them. After battling the three other leaders Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra players can take on the big man Giovanni. Here is some of the best Pokémon trainers can use to defeat Giovanni this December.
Pokémon GO Giovanni December 2022: How to Beat
Giovanni compared to other Team Rocket battles is a little easier to prepare for. He will start and conclude the battle with the same two Pokémon so the second phase is the only one to stress about. That leaves only five Pokémon to consider for the fight.
First Pokémon: Persian
Giovanni will always begin with his Persian. Persian is a Normal-type so Fighting Pokémon is how to open your battle.
- Breloom - Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama - Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Machamp - Counter and Dynamic Punch
Second Pokémon: Nidoqueen, Steelix, or Rhyperior
Any of the three Pokémon Giovanni sends out for the second phase is dual Ground and other types. Water-type will cover all the bases.
- Kyogre - Waterfall and Surf
- Swampert - Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Empoleon - Waterfall and Hydro Cannon
Third Pokémon: Shadow Mewtwo
The last phase of your battle with Giovanni will always conclude with his Shadow Mewtwo. This Pokémon is just a Psychic-type so you can use a strong Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type Pokémon.
- Darkrai - Snarl and Dark Pulse
- Hoopa - Astonish and Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon - Bite and Brutal Swing
Compared to the other Team Rocket fights, there is not as much type-matching to consider but Giovanni is still sure to be a tough out.