It has been a while since F-Zero fans had a reason to celebrate. The last title came out nearly 20 years ago.
In the Spet. 14 Nintendo Direct, the company announced F-Zero 99. It’s a battle royale game where you and 98 other players race against each other on tracks from the 1990 F-Zero game.
The title will have the main mode and others, like Mini Prix and Grand Prix. You can also gain power-ups, including a Spin Attack and Super Sparks that will let you overtake opponents using the Skyway.
F-Zero 99 won’t come with revamped visuals. It stays true to its roots with retro SNES graphics.
The game is free to play for Nintendo Switch Online members only. Here are two ways to download it.
How to Download F-Zero 99
Downloading F-Zero 99 is pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to start playing the racing game.
Via Nintendo eShop on PC:
- Go to the F-Zero 99 page on the Nintendo eShop.
- Click the “Free Download” button under the game title.
- If you aren’t already logged in, you’ll be prompted to do so. Type your login information into the fields.
- You’ll then land on the “Confirm Items to Purchase” page to see purchase details. Scroll to the bottom and click “Free download.”
- The download should begin automatically.
Via Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Go to the eShop on the Nintendo Switch.
- You should see a menu on the left side of the screen. Select “Search/Browse.” You can also go to the “Recent Releases” tab for now.
- If you’re using the search bar route, type “f-zero” into the field and then search.
- Select F-Zero 99.
- Click the “Free Download” button.
- You’ll come to the “Confirm Items to Purchase” page. Select “Free download.”
- The game will start downloading automatically.
Check the status of your download on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.