Earning the Best Buddy in Pokémon GO provides multiple benefits and features for players. But it's going to take time and effort.
How to Get Best Buddy Pokémon GO
Best Buddy Pokémon get a CP boost when it's active as your buddy, which in turn makes it more powerful in events like Raids, Gym Battles, Trainer Battles, and Team GO Rocket battles. Additionally, best buddies get a special ribbon to show that Best Buddy status.
To get a Best Buddy, you'll need Affection Hearts. These are in-game rewards earned by interacting with your Buddy and playing the game with that Pokémon assigned as your Buddy. You can earn up to 10 hearts a day, and you'll need a total of 300 to get Best Buddy status.
You can earn Affection Hearts by:
- Walking together - 2km per heart, up to four hearts a day
- Giving your Buddy a treat - 12 berries per day to get four hearts
- Playing together - two hearts for tapping your Buddy in AR mode and pet them with your finger for a few seconds until you see them spin and jump with joy
- Battle together - two hearts for all battles, but your Buddy must be a team member. Training with Leaders counts as a battle
- Take a snapshot - two hearts for taking a snapshot of your Buddy
- Visit a new place - two hearts for visiting a new PokéStop of Gym that you haven't visited before