How to Get Umbreon in Pokemon GO is important to learn for any player looking to catch em all. How can one obtain this mysterious dark type Pokemon?
How to Catch Umbreon Pokemon GO
To obtain an Umbreon, you must first catch Umbreon's pre-evolution, Eevee. As of right now in Pokemon GO, Eevee can evolve into seven different Pokemon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, and Leafeon. Since the main games require the use of specific mechanics to evolve Eevee, feeding an Eevee 25 Eevee candies in Pokemon GO will trigger one of these seven evolutions at random, meaning that a player may have to do this process over and over again before they get the specific evolution they wanted.
However, players have found out that giving a captured Eevee a specific nickname will almost guarantee what it will evolve into. Here is a breakdown of every nickname to get your desired Eevee-lution:
- Rename Eevee as Linnea to evolve into leaf-type Leafeon
- Rename Eevee as Rea to evolve into ice-type Glaceon
- Rename Eevee as Sakura to evolve into psychic-type Espeon
- Rename Eevee as Tamao to evolve into dark-type Umbreon
- Rename Eevee as Rainer to evolve into water-type Vaporeon
- Rename Eevee as Sparky to evolve into lightning-type Jolteon
- Rename Eevee as Pyro to evolve into fire-type Flareon
Image Courtesy the Pokemon Company