Players can now find out how to play the Phasmophobia beta through Steam.
Kinetic Games' flagship psychological thriller game, Phasmophobia, saw a rapid rise in popularity a short time after its release in September 2020. Since then, the developer behind the haunting title has pledged to add more content, mechanics, and opportunities for players to have an impact on gameplay. It goes without saying that this will take quite a bit of time to implement all these new features.
However, those who know their way around Steam may not have to wait as long.
How to Play Phasmophobia Beta
There are a few short steps to opt-in to the Phasmophobia beta experience through Steam.
- Open Steam and navigate to your game library sidebar.
- Find Phasmophobia and right click the title to bring up the options pop-up menu.
- Select "Properties." This should bring up a new window.
- In the window, find the "Beta" tab.
- Select "Beta – Unstable build" from the drop down menu.
This will let players into the in-progress beta build Kinetic has released. Taking part in aspects such as open betas, test servers, public test realms, and the like can help developers pin-point issues before their official release. After all, what could be better than having a live test of a near-finished product before it truly hits shelves?