Some games are better when played together. Here's how to join up and play with your friends in New World.
Nothing beats a sunny day hanging out with your best friends—whether the sun is beaming down directly on your shoulders or through the digital leaves of Aeternum. Fortunately, Amazon Games has streamlined the process of socializing with friends so it's pretty straightforward.
How to Play with Friends in New World
In order to play with your friends, you'll need to add them to your in-game friend's list. Once they've been added to the list, all you need to do is have one player form a party and, from there, all will be able to reap the rewards.
How to Add Friends in New World
- While in-game, prompt the main menu by hitting the Esc key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the "Social" tab on the menu.
- Under the Social tab, there will be a search bar. Type in the in-game name of the player you wish to add to your Friends' List.
- Once their name comes up, click it. If nothing appears, double-check the spelling and cases of the name.
- Verify this is the player you wish to add to your Friends' List.
- Select "Add Friend."
How to Create a Party in New World
Players can add players to a group—otherwise known as a party in most MMOs—directly from the Social tab through the "Group" option. In the event they've already fleshed out their Friends List or simply clicked away from the Social tab, we've provided a few steps to follow:
- Open your Friends' List.
- Select the desired players from your Friends' List that you want to add to your group.
- Click "Add to Group."
All party members will be able to see each other on the map as a blue icon. From there, players can share quests, experience, and more while grouped up together. This also makes coordinating assaults on enemy fortresses or general group resource gathering much easier to do.
Amazon Games' new MMO, New World, is currently available exclusively on PC.